Friday, November 7, 2008

Reeses Pieces Cookies

One day I was making M&M cookies and I saw a bag of Reeses Pieces and thought I wonder what it would taste like to use Reeses Pieces instead. They were so good that they have become a staple cookie for my house. I don't know about you but they just bring a smile to my face whenever I make them. Growing up I remember going to the mall and stopping at the cookie shop. Every now and then I would get a cookie b/c I would have a sweet tooth that day. I thought it was the coolest thing. I just loved the smell of them. I hope you enjoyed the foods that give me comfort. Next week will be all about restaurant favorites at home.

What you need
1 C margarine
1 C light brown sugar
½ C white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2¼ C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
14 oz Reeses Pieces


How to do it
1. Cream margarine and sugars in a mixer stand. Then add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla. (Don't break the egg over the mix; break it in the measuring cup you were using for the sugar) Add the remaining dry ingredients to the mix about half a cup at a time. Then add ½ Reeses Pieces and mix with a spatula.

2. Drop a spoon full onto greased cookie sheet placing at least 5 Reeses on top of each cookie.

3. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or lightly browned.

0 comments: