Monday, June 22, 2009

New Toy

I am so excited! This weekend we...wait for it...got a rebel XSi. I know what some of you are thinking your computer broke like a million years ago why not replace that. Well I have no idea. The old college HP seems to be doing ok as long as I don't open internet explorer. Now I just need to learn how to use the camera. Hopefully this will give me some killer pics of the food we make. Now I just need a stage of some sort. Like those light boxes people use for jewelry. I saw one person just use two wood cutting boards. That seems simple enough. I have seen so many great pictures where the object just pops out. I'll have to research that. I only wish we had the camera when we went on our last trip to the four corners area. The other camera I used I never used the flash b/c it would not do the food justices. I think I will try the same with this one. Everything I read says natural light is the best for food shots. Now I just need to figure out how to turn the flash off.

0 comments: