Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Opening a Bottle of Wine

So, if you are anything like me you love a nice bottle of wine by the fire on a cold rainy day. With April showers just around the corner I thought I'd share with yall some wine techniques. To open a bottle of wine place an X on the top where the foil is. This will help you peel all the foil off. You need to especially take all the foil off with vintage wines; they could contain lead. To check the freshness of your wine feel the cork side that was facing the wine. If the cork is dry it might be a sign your wine has spoiled. My favorite vineyard is by far Chateau St. Michelle. I love their blended wines like Ethos Chardonnay, great for pastas, and Red Blend Orphelin. These wines are kinda hard to find. The best way is in online. I must admit am slowly going to the red side.

French Wine Listen 101.
They served wine at the celebration dinner. Ils ont servi du vin au dîner de gala.

0 comments: