Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quesadillas

I could seriously live off Quesadillas. Matter of fact I did my freshman year in college. My dorms had the cafeteria with all the junkfood and I quickly feel in love with them. My sophomore year I would start to crave them. One night I was watching Emeril and he made them with this pepper jack cheese. I thought it was the best idea ever and that is what starting my cooking endeavor. Quesadillas are now a household staple. I like to mix it up and add just about anything mexican that is in my fridge.

What you need
8 large flour tortillas
1 C grated monterey jack jalapeno
1 C grated cheddar
1 small can chopped green chiles or bell pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 chicken breast cooked and chopped

How to do it
1. Sprinkle ¼ of each cheese and chicken over the top of four individual tortillas. Top the tortillas with the remaining four tortillas.

2. In a saute pan, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, gently lay a quesadilla in the hot oil and pan-fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.

3. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and repeat the cooking process for the remaining quesadillas.

0 comments: