Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hard Boiled Eggs

Ok, I was pretty bored one night and came across this hard boiled egg mold. I thought it was too funny. Perfect for if your kids that won't eat their eggs. You can find them on ichibankanusa.com.


So, when I first started making hard boiled eggs I would get a green layer around the yolk, but if done properly you can get the perfect egg. Some things I love to do with hard boiled eggs are egg salad sandwich, deviled eggs, and cobb salad. Here are some tips/steps to follow to get the perfect egg:

1. Check the eggs for any visible cracks; if so toss.

2. In a pan filled with water gently place the eggs in a single layer. Make sure the water covers eggs completely.

3. Over high heat, bring water just to a rapid boil. As soon as the water reaches a rapid boil, remove pan from heat and cover egg pan with a lid for 17-20 minutes.

4. Remove from heat and drain water. Add ice cubes and cold water to the pan with the eggs.

5. Check to make sure they are done by the spin test. (If it can stay up and spinning then it is ready)

6. Let eggs cool at least 10 minutes in cold water, then drain.

7. Now they are ready to peel. I gently crack it where the air pocket is normally on the larger end. Then peel under cold water.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Those are so cute! I've been thinking about buying some for awhile, in the meantime I've been using my $5 clearance Williams-Sonoma ice cream sandwich molds to make molded eggs, they work great! Thanks for visiting my blog & I hope you have a great day!:)