Monday, November 24, 2008

KitchenAid Potato Peeler

I'm so excited about this week; potatoes are my all time favorite side. I'm always trying to find new ways to cook them b/c we get tired of doing the same thing. I do however have a few that I use over and over. While I love potato skins I do peel them for almost every recipe. To do that I have the best peeler ever. I absolutely love it. I think we got it at Bed Bath and Beyond. I even got two for when one is in the washer. Did you know you can do more with them then just potatoes? Here are some ideas:
  • Peel other vegetables like carrots
  • Peel fruit like apples
  • Shave chocolate for fancy desserts
  • Shave Parmesan for a caesar salad
  • Shave vegetables for thin slices (great for carrots on salads)
  • Slice garlic

0 comments: