Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Potato Ricer

All the magazines right now are showing the potato ricer as the best way to make mashed potatoes. So, I did some research to find out just what they were talking about. It is really just another technique to make them. Instead of using a hand mixer or masher you place the potato instead and squeeze the potatoes out. Kinda a cool idea. I remember seeing them in antique store not knowing what they were. So, I thought it was a lost art but boy was I wrong. Some sites say you can make hash browns with them as well. That made me start thinking what else I can make and my potato soup came to mind. They run about $20. If you are super bored at work check out this article from LA Times. It is pretty good. http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-tool19dec19,1,2860635.story?coll=la-headlines-food

0 comments: