Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to the Basics - Santa Fe Salad

So, last Saturday I made BBQ Shrimp Enchiladas. Needless to say we had to have Firehouse Subs come to the rescue. It was so bad we couldn't even eat more than a bit. It came from a cookbook from a well renown restaurant in Fort Worth. I thought it would be fun to make something so different kinda like the BBQ Pizza I make. Anyways, the rest of the week we are going back to the basics to make up for it. Yesterday we made Santa Fe Salad. One of my favorites. Today I'm making Noodler, one of my dad's recipes (I think it was even his mom's).

Santa Fe Salad
I like to just throw in whatever toppings I have leftover from Tacos.

Marinade:
¼ C lime juice
2 tbsp orange
juice
1 tsp fajita
seasoning mix
¾ tsp jalapeƱo,
minced
¾ tsp garlic,
minced
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Other:
2 chicken breast
1 part hot salsa
2 part ranch
dressing
½ C tortilla strips
1 oz sour cream
1 oz guacamole
3 - 4 C salad
greens
¼ C monterey
jack cheese

Directions:
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a container with lid
2. Add chicken to container and chill over night
3. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with fajita
seasoning
4. Grill for ten minutes on each side
5. While chicken is grilling combine ranch dressing with hot salsa,
set aside
6. Toss salad greens with cheese
7. Sprinkle with tortilla strips
8. Cut chicken into strips and add everything to salad

0 comments: